1. Sleep deprivation can make parents insane. Count to 10 to avoid going postal on parents who brag about their all-night-sleepers.
2. Sift through grandparents’ advice for the good stuff. Nod and smile and ignore the rest.
3. It’s okay to let kids watch more than one hour of TV on rainy days.
4. If you can, walk your kids to their classrooms on their first day of school every year. It means a lot to them. But when they get old enough to beg you not to, comply.
5. An occasional donut is not poison (for kids or for you). (more…)